Delhi is famous for its world-famous shopping places where you can shop for numerous things at reasonable prices. The shopping becomes more fun due to the vibrant atmosphere of the city. The markets here sell a huge array of items which include clothing, footwear, jewellery, handicrafts, and much more. The treasure grounds for shopping in Delhi are close to New Delhi Airport, and you can reach any one of them through taxi or metro. Here is the list of top markets where you can shop:
- Janpath and Tibetan Market: The most popular place for street shopping, Janpath is situated opposite to the famous Connaught Place in Delhi. You get a mix of local shops as well as stalls for clothing, accessories, footwear and much more. Here, you can find the latest fashion goods at great prices, and you can bargain as much as you want. From local travellers to foreign tourists, you will find all kinds of people shopping at the same stalls here. After hours of bargaining, we assure you that you will come out with bags full of cheap fashionables.
- Sarojini Nagar Market: Another market where you can bargain to the fullest is the Sarojini Nagar Market where you can get all the fashionable clothes at great All the export-surplus clothes come to this market and are available at throwaway prices. You will have to struggle to find good clothes from a huge heap of clothes. Bustled with people, the market has shoppers from all walks of life. You can shop at the local stalls but don’t expect trial or changing rooms in this market. You must choose clothes very tactfully so that you do not return with an exchange expectation.
- Dilli Haat: This market offers traditional as well as a cultural outlook and is like a village market, that’s why it is called Haat. The market has beautiful handicrafts, clothing, ethnic cuisines and music performances. All these things and the view provide a vibrant atmosphere to the market and ensure that visitors are enthralled with the ambience even if they do not buy anything. The exciting blend of handicrafts and artefacts here attracts a major chunk of shopaholics.
- Paharganj: Another shopping market where you can bargain in Delhi is Paharganj Main bazaar where you can shop for fashionable goods at affordable prices. This crumbling and chaotic market has shops which deal in wholesale and export goods. You will have to hunt sharply to get unique and inexpensive ones for yourself. You can shop at Saluja and Bittoo Footwear, Jackson’s Bookstore, Vishal Footwear, Sheetal Exports, Ashu Fashions, Jurek’s Jewelry, and many more. All these shops offer some of the best clothing, footwear and jewellery that are comparatively cheap.
- Chandni Chowk: Known as the shopping district of the city, Chandni Chowk has so much to offer in its narrow lanes. The market has been divided into bazaars of specialisations which includes bridal wear shops, books shops and many other things. In the Bhagirath Palace Area, you can find a huge range of electronics at reasonable prices. For fabrics, you can head to Katra Neel. As a house maker, if you need to best spices, you can head to Khari Baoli Road that has Asia’s largest spice market.
After shopping at these places, your thirst for shopping will surely come to an end. You can easily reach these places by taxi or metro from Delhi Airport.