Your Toyota Dealership Baltimore offers automotive servicing and repair, but so do mechanics throughout the city. If you’ve wondered whether it’s worth it to get your Toyota car or truck serviced at the dealership instead of at a local garage, find out here.
Why Get Your Car Serviced at the Dealer?
The dealership may not be as convenient as your local garage, but there are clear advantages to getting your Toyota serviced at the dealer. These include:
- Expertise in your car – Mechanics at the Toyota dealership work exclusively on Toyota. Whether you’ve got a Prius, Camry, Highlander, or other vehicle, it will get expert service at the dealership.
- Faster troubleshooting – If your car is acting funny, a mechanic could take a while to troubleshoot the problem — time you’ll pay for in a service charge. Mechanics at the dealership may have seen the problem before, so they can troubleshoot faster, which keeps your overall costs down.
- OEM parts – OEM parts were designed to work with your vehicle. Dealership mechanics use exclusively OEM parts, for the best fit and performance. An independent mechanic won’t use OEM parts, so the quality control is not as good as through the dealership.
- Get recalls fixed – When your car is at our Baltimore Toyota dealership, our mechanics will check for any recalls that may affect your vehicle. These are free to you to fix, but keeping track of recalls can be a hassle. Since an independent garage will not keep track of your recalls, it’s a value add to know this is taken care of for you.
- Perks and upgrades – Dealerships typically have nice waiting rooms, where you may be able to enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages while you wait for your car. Dealerships are also more likely to provide you with loaner vehicles, so you aren’t left navigating Baltimore without a car if your vehicle needs major repairs. Many customers find these upgrades are worth the higher price tags for dealer repair.
- Express maintenance – Jerry’s Toyota offers Express Maintenance services to get you in and out of our Baltimore dealership faster. Most Express Maintenance customers wait no more than 60 minutes. You won’t get this sort of service from a garage.
You’ll pay a little more for service at the dealership than through an independent garage, but you’ll get a lot more out of the transaction. If you’ve got a Toyota car or truck in need or service, schedule your maintenance visit now.